Electromyography (EMG) Whiz is case-based training software that lets you work through the step-by-step process of diagnosing disorders of the peripheral nervous system using EMG data, just as you would with a real patient. With EMG Whiz, you can perform over 100 conventional nerve conduction studies, including:
- Sensory and motor responses
- Mixed nerve studies
- Blink reflexes
- Repetitive stimulation responses
You can also use needle EMG to sample your choice of over 130 different muscles.
Interactive EMG Simulation and Training Application to Test Diagnoses and Assessment
The first interactive simulator designed to teach and assess electrodiagnostic problem-solving skills, EMG Whiz lets you pick which nerves and muscles to study, and it only gives you the results you request. Students focus study based on their differential diagnosis but must be prepared to change the plan if they find something unexpected. This web-based EMG training simulator application helps trainees practice their decision-making process of EMG study in a real time, interactive environment. Trainees are allowed to develop their own hypothesis, and work through a step-by-step process of testing it, just as they would with a real patient. They can choose a random case, or select practice cases by diagnosis or chief complaint from over 130 available nerves and muscles. More than 100 conventional nerve conduction studies are included in the simulation. The system provides trainees with immediate feedback on performance, both on reaching the correct diagnosis and on exclusion of alternate diagnoses.
EMG Whiz Offers Intelligent Feedback to Students Through Differential Diagnoses Process to Determine the Correct Diagnoses
Once students are satisfied that they have enough information, they select the diagnosis or diagnoses that they believe to be correct. EMG Whiz then analyzes their methods and conclusions and gives in-depth feedback about the following questions:
Did the student reach the correct diagnosis or diagnoses?
Did they do the appropriate electrodiagnostic studies to rule in this diagnosis?
Did they follow the correct protocols and do the appropriate electrodiagnostic studies to rule out everything else in the differential diagnosis?
The Web-based EMG Whiz system provides trainees with immediate feedback on performance, both on reaching the correct diagnosis and on exclusion of alternate diagnoses.
- Hands-on EMG training in an interactive, error-forgiving environment
- Teach trainees about peripheral nervous system anatomy and pathophysiology sensory and motor responses
- Perform over 100 conventional nerve conduction studies, including:
- mixed nerve studies ◦ F-responses
- H-reflexes ◦ blink reflexes ◦ repetitive stimulation responses
- Sample your choice of over 130 different muscles.
- Allows trainees to perform EMG faster and more accurately on real patients
- Develop and Test Your Own Hypothesis: EMG Whiz lets you pick which nerves and muscles to study, and only gives you the results you request.
- Flexible and Powerful: With EMG Whiz, you can choose to perform over 100 conventional nerve conduction studies or sample more than 130 different muscles.
- Customizable Cheat Sheets: You can easily access a table of normal nerve conduction study values and a table of muscles with their innervations. With one click, you can sort the muscles by root, trunk, cord, or nerve.
- Intelligent Feedback: Once you are satisfied that you have enough information, select the diagnosis or diagnoses that you believe to be correct. EMG Whiz will then analyze your methods and your conclusions and give you in-depth feedback.
- Never the Same Case Twice: Every time you do a case, EMG Whiz generates a new set of nerve conduction values for both normal and abnormal nerves. Even if you pick a case you have done before, it will look different. Even the history changes!
To use EMG Whiz, you will need a valid user name and password, which can be obtained by clicking on the “Inquiry” button on this page.
Read instructions on how to use this electromyography and nerve conduction training software in both training and testing modes.