C.S. Mott Tile Project
The new University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital features 1,644 handmade clay tiles created by patients and their families. The tiles are displayed in installations created in conjunction with Detroit-based Pewabic Pottery in approximately 20 locations throughout the hospital.
Mobile Application for the Tile Project
A mobile application allows artists, patients, and visitors to search for specific tiles and learn the artist and the location for all of the tiles. With an iPhone or android device, visitors can view tile images, learn artist’s names and find the location of all 1,644 tiles throughout the hospital.
Applications and Advantages
- Help artists find the location of their tiles within the new University of Michigan Mott Hospital
- Allow visitors, families, donors etc. to learn who the artists are for each tile
- View image(s) of desired tiles
- Accessible to anyone with a mobile device
- Quickly find tile artist and location information
- Easy to use